Monday, April 8, 2013

For Jack

 

Dear Jack,

The first time I heard the song "Meadowlarks" by Fleet Foxes, it made me think of you.
Ever since then I've wanted to make this.

Let me start by saying I recognize the need, on a daily basis, to extend more grace and understanding to you. Many times I find myself being too hard on you and expecting more of you than you are able to give at the tender age of almost-three. In so many ways, you remind me of myself and maybe that's why - because I'm hard on myself too. Everyday, you deserve to hear of the value you hold not only in our family but in this great big world. To know that you are loved and cherished, unique and special.

My sweet little man - always know that you are precious in the eyes of God and worth more than my words could ever express. If I ever fail to say it enough, know that I love you to the depths of my bones and that my heart is held in the palm of your little hands.

Love always,
your Mother


*in case the video doesn't automatically load, here is the link

4 comments:

  1. Oh that little guy just makes my heart smile :) Beautiful video and touching mommy- son moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh me and Stephane melted we love this so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...