Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Back to the Drawing Board

I haven't drawn in a while. As much as I love it, it's time all-consuming since I tend to want to start and finish a project within the same day. It can take me anywhere from three to six hours to complete a drawing, which often results in my husband and children being shooed away while I'm in the zone. And I totally go into a drawing zone. Another challenge is that I don't have several hours free at once until close to 9 pm (after the kids are in bed) and by that time I'm exhausted or just want to spend time with Tim.  Regardless, I knew I needed to work on two orders that had been sorely neglected. I finally sat down and worked on the first one for an old friend of mine from England, who's now living in Uganda with her three adopted daughters.

I think, of all my drawings for others, maybe of all my drawings ever, this is my favorite. Not only because of how I captured this little family, but because of what they represent and who they are in the kingdom of God. Gabi (mother to these three girls) is such an inspiration, and her vision for the children of Uganda and this world at large is such a beautiful thing. So it blesses me that somewhere in their home my drawing will have a special place. You can read more about Gabi, her family and her ministry to Ugandan children here. If you'd like a personalized drawing of your own, please contact me at birdboxink@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...