Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!


The year of our wedding is finally here!!!

We are so excited that in just under 8 weeks we will be a married couple :) Plans are all coming together nicely, though I'm only just beginning to realize that time is of the essence and that things like dress alternations and floral arrangements need to start happening SOON! 

My mom and I went out last week to look at a few options for flowers and it was a pretty successful mission. As much as we both love fresh flowers, the cost can get a bit out of hand so we are keeping things fairly simple and aside from the hand held bouquet(s) we are going to do two silk arrangements that will (hopefully) look very similar to the arrangement above, though not quite as extravagant. We also got a quote on what my bouquet would cost and it was very reasonable which was exciting. I'm going for a classic, "1940's" feel to the wedding and staying with the traditional rose arrangements - although we'll see if that theme truly translates the day of!

We also had dinner with Tim's family last night to go over wedding invitation designs and layouts. Susan tweaked her original idea just a tad and they are even more stunning than before. I'm very excited for everyone to start receiving them!

Tonight Tim and I are having a bit of a date night which we're both very excited about. We'll be ordering in from Aladdin's - our favorite restaurant - and watching a movie. Nothing fancy - but definitely one of my favorite ways to spend time with my amazing guy :)

54 more days to go!!!

lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...