Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Bitter Root


"Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many" Hebrews 12:14-15

I feel as though a bitter root has found its home in my heart. When it was first planted, I know not. But it's there and I'm beginning to realize how easily it can ensnare my thoughts and words. Since being made aware of its presence, I now feel armed with the ability to fight its negative tone with a spirit of wanting to see the good side of every soul and situation. Heaven forbid I leave this earth being thought of as someone who constantly complained and pointed out the failures and faults in every little thing. I fear that I've become a very critical person with a heart of stone, instead of a heart of flesh. What grieving this brings to the Spirit!

Lord, help me to be a voice of encouragement and thanksgiving; may my words speak life over situations and souls!

"From the fruit of their mouth a person's stomach is filled;
with the harvest of their lips they are satisfied.

The tongue has the power of life and death,
and those who love it will eat its fruit."
Proverbs 18:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...