Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Questions

15 weeks today and that little baby to the right just keeps getting skinnier... (?)

Our life right now is all.about.waiting. Waiting for lots of answers to questions like:

Are we moving to Canada?
Will Tim find a job in Cleveland?
Is the baby a boy or a girl?
What are we going to do about healthcare?
Will we have to go on welfare if Tim doesn't find a job?
Can we even afford to move?
Is the baby healthy?
Will we find the support we need?

I know all these questions will be answered in due time and that God is in control of this situation. I know that He has a plan that I can't yet see (but oh how I wish he'd let me take a peek!) I know that he is using this time of uncertainty to strengthen our faith. I know everything will somehow be ok in the end. I know that I should never rush the present into the future, since I don't know what the future holds.

I know all these things, and yet still I'm impatient for answers. My "need to know" nature is a burden at times like this. It lays itself on my chest like a great weight that causes me to have to take deep breaths and exhale slowly throughout the day to relieve the pressure.

I know all these things, but I pray that God will sustain me in the midst of all my questions and allow me the peace of mind that comes with finding contentment regardless of my circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...