Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lighter.


It's amazing how a good haircut can make everything seem brighter.

Ok, I don't really mean that - I'm not quite sure why the haircut I got yesterday has lifted my spirits. It's a really good haircut - I think so, anyways. Plus it was free, and free is always a nice word. But I think the more significant part of the evening was seeing Tim's aunt and uncle (who we adore) and the fact that we could hang out sans baby as well as hear about a possible job opportunity at a restaurant near where they live. We even discussed the possibility of moving out their way if Tim actually ended up getting a job there. Of course, it's all here say at the moment. But when you're job hunting, and desperately job hunting at that, any sort of lead on a source of income is a flicker hope; a light at the end of one very dark tunnel to give you the energy to keep going.

And for whatever reason, I woke up this morning feeling more optimistic about things than I have in weeks. I feel as though we're close, that something is about to break through and relieve a bit of the pressure that's been building up.

Maybe it was the haircut and the fact that I have my beloved bangs back that made my outlook rosier.

But I suspect it was sensing God making a way where there is no way. As He's been doing all along.

"Behold, I will do something new,
Now it will spring forth:
Will you not be aware of it?
I will even make a roadway in the wilderness
Rivers in the desert"
Isaiah 43:19

(note: I try not to take verses out of context and apply them to my situation to feel better. However, while I believe this verse is speaking into the coming of Christ, the idea of God carving a path before us is universal)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...