Monday, December 19, 2011

Job: Check Duvet Cover: Check

There's a lot going on with our family at the moment; a lot. Some of which is still too delicate to be talked about in this space. But I'm excited to report that things have finally fallen into place for us in the job and insurance department. The hand of God is so unquestionably upon the whole situation and we are blown away by how He orchestrated the events of this all coming about.

Let's just put it this way: Aladdin's Eatery is owned by a very generous man and Tim works for some very gracious people who have gone out of their way to ensure that our needs are met. And while I know his promotion to Kitchen Manager was also in the restaurant's best interest, they could have easily gone another route that didn't involve us. Best of all, Tim is excited about the position. He has lots of experience managing kitchens and he prefers it over waiting tables.

We.are.blessed.

This job is an answer to prayer and so much more. In a time when few are getting the breaks they so desperately need just to make ends meet, the magnitude of this opportunity is humbling for us. It's also a call to be vigilant in being ready to assist those who are facing similar predicaments to the one we could have been in. "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked" Luke 12:48

In other news, we finally have the "nursery" close to being completed. I love that I can call it a nursery because that's what it really feels like. There are still a few pictures to be hung but it's finally livable. I'll post some pictures as soon as the final touches have been done.

Also, I think I found my much-sought-after duvet cover. This will be the fourth I've tried in our room. That's right, the fourth. Am I madly in love with it as I was with the ditzy pennants one (no longer sold)? No, I'm not. But I really like it, and I think its going to compliment the rest of the decor perfectly and that's the main concern. Of course, I may be way ahead of myself here, since I have yet to try it in the room. But I'm confident this will be the winner. The picture below is actually a comforter (hence the "quilted" appearance) which is what I thought I would be buying when I picked it up from the store (the last one!) but was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be a duvet cover - which is what I prefer:


The best part is, it didn't cost an arm and a leg like all the other duvet covers I seem to like. Go Target. Here's hoping it's "the one."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...