Saturday, June 9, 2012

Jack is Two!

Dear Jack, 

It's officially your second birthday. It's been a busy year. You started walking. You started talking! Your baby brother was born. You truly came into being the little boy we know and love. The little boy who loves to dance. and laugh. and play. and eat snacks. and kick balls. and take baths. and lots of other things that little boys like to do.

Recently, you've started using full sentences. Your favorite sentence starts something like "I want" and ends with "now." Just like me, you want things to happen as soon as the thought enters your head.

You are such a good little boy. I don't think I give you enough praise for how well you listen. How fexible you can be. How helpful you are. The compassion and concern you show for others. Your quickness to say "sorry." The way you always give me a kiss, no matter how many times I ask.

It's a beautiful thing to see the understanding you have of God. I know you've witnessed things of the faith through Daddy and I, you seem to have an inherant knowledge of who He is and the spiritual world that surrounds us. You pray. You insist on saying grace before meals. You like to read your Bible. You were one of the only children in your age group to sit and listen to the whole Bible lesson at church last week. You even recognized a picture of Jesus without our initiative. And your two. That's pretty amazing. And while we encourage this, there is a genuine desire from within your little heart to seek these things. I can't wait to see how your relationship with God continues to blossom as you grow older.

You are such a joy in our lives, little man. I'm sorry for the times I squash your enthusiasm, grow inpatient with your needs, or try to rush you past your sadness and anger instead of comforting or counseling you through it. You are so advanced in so many ways, that sometimes I forget you are still just a little boy with so much to learn.

We love you Jack Elijah. As often as I remember to, I pray for your protection and salvation. That you would be a righteous man, blameless among the people of your time, and that you would live to love and serve the Lord.

May all your days be lived out in peace and with much joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...