Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Busy, Again.

Life, as always, feels like a whirlwind these days. At the same time it can feel like a well-rehearsed, cyclical series of events that we move through day after day in the same pattern. The backdrop to it all moves in slight, subtle cycles as well - there are definitely hints of fall in these summer mornings, where the white balance outside is more stark gray than golden.

The faces change too - the baby, of course, is an ever-evolving testament of transformation and growth. How I covet the little cuddles that I stole today in the quiet moments of morning before we were stirred from the bed by the hands of time, shuffling us quickly along into the dizziness of our daily routine.

But other faces, new faces, are also beginning to come into focus and with their appearance comes the blurring of the old as they make room for the next season of fellowship. Such busy lives only have time and space for a few, close companions - all others must coordinate their dance with partners of a similar schedule.

So here we are - here am I, sitting in a quiet apartment with procrastination on my side to keep the new day at bay. Once it takes off, there's no turing back and the next stop is far down the tracks into this evening.

The truth of it all is that this whirlwind routine, though wearisome at times, has caught up in it all that I hold dear and I'd rather walk the same path on repeat with those I love than walk a different one alone.

"I remember one morning getting up at dawn, there was such a sense of possibility. You know, that feeling? And I remember thinking to myself this is the beginning of happiness. This is where it starts. And of course there will always be more. It never occurred to me it wasn't the beginning. It was happiness. It was the moment. Right then." - The Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...