Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ways That I'm Lazy

Ways that I'm lazy:

  • I'll let my laptop battery get down to "reserve power" before getting up to plug it in (even if the cord is within reach). Sometimes I'll just stop using it because I'm that adverse to reaching forward to plug it in.
  • With any kind of bags + shopping carts, I try to time it so that I'm the last one putting a bag in the car so Tim (or my mom, before I was married) would have to bring the cart back to the store or push it into the parking lot cart areas. I hate having to push it to where it belongs.
  • I'll drive around a parking lot for a while until I find a close spot so I don't have to walk too far.
  • In the time it would take me to stand up and go get something in another room, I'll sit there for a few minutes contemplating how much I need it vs. how much I'd rather stay seated.
  • If I need something at a meal, I'll wait till someone else gets up to go into the kitchen so I can say "Can you get me ________ "
  • If I throw something into a garbage can and miss, it's very unlikely that I'll bend down and pick it up, even if I'm standing right next to it.
  • I'll ask Tim to go get me various things that I don't feel like getting myself. This one I try not to do to much because that's unfair - even though he's a sweetheart and will do it without complaining.
  • If I see something out of place, like a hair tie laying around, instead of putting it away I'll just take a mental picture of where it is so I'll know where to find it when I need it.
I"m sure there are many other ways that I'm lazy, but these are the first that come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...