Monday, April 16, 2012

Normal Day

Some days are tough. Days when I wake up and totally feel like the people on those commercials for anti-depressant medications where the narrator says things like "Do you have a hard time facing the day?" and they cut to a shot of someone lying in their bed in the middle of the afternoon.

Yep, today was one of those days. Except I was up by 7:30 because the boys needed things like food and diaper changes and so...you know, staying in bed all day is not an option. But nevertheless, I was feeling pretty low. Usually I have lots of positive self-talk going on and a very thankful heart to back it up. But today all I could think about was what wasn't going the way I wanted it to in my life.

I don't know where I'm going with this exactly, except to say that today...was a rainy day in my heart. And this is a blog and therefore a picture of my life and "the story of us" as it were and sometimes that story hits a dry spell where it feels like nothing is happening. But on those days, where normal feels dull...I'm reminded of this quote from Mary Jean Iron (whoever that is...)

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...