Monday, January 7, 2013

Moses is One (almost)

It's not Moses's birthday until Saturday,
but I wanted to write this now before time + opportunity got away from me.


Dear Moses,

It seems as if you've always been a part of us, so it's strange to think that it's been a mere 12 months since we welcomed you into this world.

I remember your birth day was so unlike your brother's in that, because the experience of giving birth wasn't new, I was filled with peace instead of fear and confidence instead of concern. Of course, from your point of view the whole process was completely reason for fear, concern and outright anger. So upset were you by the way you were handled in the first few moments of life, you turned blue with rage and it took over an hour to calm you down. I promise had I not been laying paralyzed on an operating table, I would have done everything in my power to soothe your worried soul.

Since then you have become a pretty easy going, happy little guy. You are such a sweetheart, Bobes (who would have thought, thanks to Jack, that this nickname would stick.) We love your big smile and your sweet yet sensitive soul, your big blue eyes and your big adorable front teeth. You captured my heart in a way I never expected and I love that you're my baby. I often say to your dad that I would prefer if you just stayed the size you are now so I could cuddle you for always.

As we approach your first birthday, you are also approaching some other milestones. Not only are you catching up to your big brother in size (he better watch out!) you're also on the cusp of taking your first steps and perhaps even saying your first word. You just learned how to clap which is adorable. You love to play with toys, especially ones with lights and sounds. You love to eat a large variety of food and usually clean your plate; your favorite snacks are clementine oranges and crackers. You like to scoot around in your walker and tend to zero in on all the objects you aren't supposed to touch. When we tell you "no" you turn to look at us and then a little mischievous grin spreads across your face before you carry on with your naughtiness.  What a guy!

I can't wait to watch you grow into a little boy so I can hear what you have to say and watch you interact with our family - especially Jack. I also can't wait to read books together and play games and everything else that comes with having two little boys.

But for now, I am thankful for who you are, just as you are - my one year old little baby. I cherish all my cuddles with you and the way you press your head into my shoulder or cling to my arm, or smile when you see me. I love that you love me and I love that you are my baby and I am your mother.

God has so very much blessed us with your sweet little soul. I pray that He continues to protect you and bless you, that you come to love Him and that you one day receive His Son as your Lord and Savior. I pray that you learn to walk in His ways and that you grow to be a man after God's own heart.

I love you little man. 
You are such a miracle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...