Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Oo-dee-doo!

I feel like I'm really starting to come into my mothering skin - that I'm finally embracing a role I held at bay for so long. Of course, its made easy when you have a sweet little man like I do - whose cuteness makes the hearts of many melt. I find myself looking forward to holding him in my arms again and anticipating that little grin he gives me when we first spot each other after a long work day.

His love for me is so inconceivable sometimes; to think this little man thinks the world of me and prefers me over everyone else.... especially when I would consider so many greater, godlier women in my life more equipped to be his mother than I ever would consider myself. I feel like saying to Jack, "Are you sure you pick me to take care of you? Because I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do half as good a job as your Nan." And whether he could understand this query or not, he'd probably still give me that adorable toothless grin he always does, sending me over the edge into an oblivion of cheek kissing and squeals of "ooo-deee-dooo" (my special call of affection).

Jack - you are wonderful. Truly wonderful. I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...