Thursday, May 5, 2011

Disheartened.

There are times in my life when the people I feel as though I "fit-in" with are few and far between. Sometimes it is limited to my family alone, and maybe a very select few outside of that.

I'm in this season now and it's lasted for what feels like a couple of years. Or maybe it's always been the case and my awareness of it is just heightened for some reason.

In any case, it can be really disheartening. I've spoken on this before - about missing the people who make me feel "at home" and instead being surrounded by a crowd of people I'm always on the outskirts of with that horrible sense of wallflower awkwardness pervading my emotions. It's absolutely like being back in high school.

It sucks. No lie.

Am I really that unlikeable?

Maybe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...