Friday, February 18, 2011

Anticipating Spring.

I'm very much a four seasons person. I have no desire to live in a warm climate that only sees summer, nor would I want to live in a frigid climate that only sees winter. On the other hand... I could probably be quite content living in a spring/fall climate the whole year. In any case, I really do love my seasons. They offer the promise of change and variety, of beauty and the opportunity to appreciate nature in all of its forms. Just as I welcome the coming and going of seasons in life, I relish the coming and going of the seasons in nature.

“If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant.
If we did not sometimes taste of adversity,
prosperity would not be so welcome.”
Anne Bradstreet

That said, this winter feels as though its been especially long. And with these past few days of cold temperatures being replaced by a warm breeze and the color green returning to the palate outside my window, I can't help longing for spring to be here. I have been greedily taking advantage of this taste of spring as much as possible with two walks in the park and one around the neighborhood (baby in tow). In sad anticipation of this glorious weather being erased by the return of the winter chill tomorrow, I've changed my desktop background to the image below to reflect my new state of mind and remind me that spring is so very closely around the corner. Puxsutawny Phil agrees.

“It's spring fever.... You don't quite know what it is you do want,
but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!”
Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...