Monday, February 7, 2011

Eat. Pray. Love.

If I'm going to have another baby, I want to at least try to get my body into the shape it was before Jack and hopefully a little firmer (I say this as I salivate watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Network). Anyways..... a family member just put me onto sparkpeople.com which is an awesome free resource that is a great motivational tool to living a healthy lifestyle. I'm hooked.

We're in Kentucky tonight visiting Tim's grandmother who's in a nursing home for the moment as she recovers from a stroke. Grannie's roommate is named Ella. When we first arrived Ella was tucked under a pile of blankets shivering even though the room temp had to be close to 75 degrees. She has these dark, wise old eyes and a sweet southern accent. She likes to tell me that I have "a finnnne boy" in Jack with a nice round head. I learned that she is from the Kentucky/Virginia hills and used to sleep with her chickens to keep warm. God planted a love for this lady in my heart the moment I saw her. I hope I can somehow bless her in my short time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...