Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Resolutions in Review

Back in January, I made a list of resolutions I wanted to achieve in 2012. With just under three months left in the year, it's time to see if I'm going to reach my goals by December 31.

The Goals:

{1} Intentionally build into someone else's life (outside of family) on a practical as well as spiritual level  - i.e. invest time, thought and care into the relationship through communication and acts of kindness.
{2} Get back in shape after having baby (i.e. dust off the elliptical).
{3} Read one book of the Bible I have never read in completion.
{4} Make time for creative projects (photography, drawing, painting... something
at least once a month, if not more.
{5} Continue to work towards having "nothing in my house that I do not know to be useful, 
or believe to be beautiful" (as inspired by this).

The Progress:

{1} In May we began attending a new church and ever since, this goal has become almost effortless (though still intentional).  The dear friends we have found there already feel like family. Our journey to this place of joy has been a long one, and I can't wait to expound on it at the end of the year when I do a full report on my resolutions. I will say that I feel as though I'm glimpsing what the early church experienced in Acts 2:42 and I couldn't be more thankful!

{2} I don't want to focus too much on this one because no one needs to hear another woman worrying over body image. Not to mention it's something I've struggled with for years and not always dealt with in the healthiest ways. But for the first time in a long time, I did manage to reach my goal (by switching to a plant based diet) without even really making it my goal. I pursued the vegan diet purely for health & wellness reasons and the weight loss was simply a by product.  Anyways, I still need to stay on exercising regularly and drinking water (which I'm terrible at) but for the first time in a long time, I can honestly say that I am comfortable with the skin I'm in.

{3} Um - this is my biggest struggle. To be in the Word on a regular basis without it feeling like a "duty" is a challenge. I have yet to read an  unread book of the Bible in completion, however I did join the local BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) chapter and have found it immensely helpful in keeping me in the Word. The key is for me to be in it every day, even for just 5 minutes. I need to recommit myself to this. TODAY.

{4} I am totally rocking this one guys. And just like 1 & 2, it's happening naturally alongside my life without really needing a whole lot of mental energy. I have had a number of commissioned art projects - one of which is due Saturday! - and have been on a photo shoot craze the past several weeks (it is autumn, after all). Here are some pictures I took today:

{5} Well, we all know I failed to do this for every day in the month of October. But I have done my best to keep things minimalist and I'm quick to purge and donate. I've also added some things to my home, but always with much thought and intention. So far so good. 


Alright, enough about me and my goals. The Presidential debate is on. And even though I'm not a citizen (proud Canadian, folks) I still want to watch this showdown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...