Monday, April 20, 2009

Reconnecting.

About a year ago I was at a church conference in Orlando, listening to a lot of debate about the attractional church model vs. the organic (or home church) model. 

While I find the attractional model exciting, I tend to get more out of the organic model since its based around intimate conversation, group discussion and community based interaction. 

I bring all this up because the same conference is going on now - though I'm not in attendance - and it just brought my mind back to everything I learned, and all the things I wanted to do with my knowledge.

I'm hoping that with this new job I start next week, I'll have a better motivation to put into practice all those values I tend to hold but rarely act on. That is, to reconnect with what my Spirit longs for and the community around me needs. 

Sometimes it can be disheartening to see how little I follow through on important matters, and so much time ends up wasted on trivial things that are certainly not eternal.

Eternity is here and now, and every minute counts when our days are numbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...