Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sleep...mmmm.

So tired today. Tim and I always talk about how we wish we weren't so busy all the time, and yet.... we're the ones making all the plans. Well... maybe 50/50 - we also have a busy extended family that live nearby and include us in their busy plans. I remember taking naps in class during my senior year of high school. In full view of the teacher. How was this allowed!? I'd like to think I had the decency to do so when we were doing individual work or reading.... but I distinctly remember falling asleep during lectures. One time there was even drool running down my desk. I also slept through a lot of my college morning classes - as in, I didn't even bother leaving the comfort of my bed. Somehow I always finished with good grades.... it must have been due to being so well-rested.

Speaking of being tired, I'm beginning to realize I might have bitten off more than I can chew with this photography project. Taking a "good" picture every day is no easy feat, especially since I'm often limited to domestic objects. It's also extremely time consuming. It can take about half an hour to an hour just to find something worth photographing and another hour or two for selecting and editing the photo of choice. When I put my photography goggles on, in search of the perfect picture, I tend to view everything else as a distraction or obstacle between me and said picture, if I even take the time to acknowledge its presence to begin with. Needless to say, Tim and Jack had about 30 minutes of my attention from the time I got home till the time we went to bed. Not good.

So we'll see how far I go with it - I'd like to make it right to the end. But in order to do so I think that's going to involve branching out into new territories - husband and babe in tow so as not to feel completely disconnected by the end of the day.

No. 5 - Q-Tips

1 comment:

  1. Do enjoy the ability to get out and about. Babies are so portable at Jack's age. Most babies (mine included, sigh) stop being able to sleep well "on the go" in their carseats once they become really aware of their surroundings.
    Does he have a regular bedtime yet? Will goes to bed between 6:30 and 7 PM now, so we have aaaaall evening to do nothing! It's so much fun. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...